Preliminary feedback for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) is now available for eligible clinicians (ECs) who submitted data through the Quality Payment Program (QPP) website. While the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) are offering feedback now, it’s important to keep in mind that it is only preliminary and not your final score.
Worth noting, several factors could impact your final score that are not reflected in your preliminary feedback:
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey results
- Improvement Study results and participation
- Hardship application status (Advancing Care Information)
- Considerations for special scoring
- All-Cause Readmission Measure (Quality performance category)
- Claims measures to include the 60-day run out period
- Creation of performance period benchmarks that do not have a historical benchmark (Quality measures)
ECs can access preliminary feedback using their Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) credentials. Final MIPS feedback and score for the 2017 performance year is expected to be available on July 1, 2018 via the QPP website.
Do you have questions about MIPS? We are here to help – contact us here and we will be in touch!
Author: Alex Taylor, Marketing Manager, Health Insights