According to CMS, The Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) is a reporting program that uses a combination of incentive payments and payment adjustments to promote reporting of quality information by individual eligible professionals (EPs). The program provides an incentive payment to individual EPs that satisfactorily participate or satisfactorily report data on quality measures for covered Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) services. Additionally, individual EPs that do not satisfactorily participate or satisfactorily report in the 2014 PQRS program year will be subject to a payment adjustment in 2016. Registration to participate for 2014 is April 1, 2014 – September 30, 2014.
How to Begin
- Determine if you are able to participate in the PQRS program. Click here for a list of eligible medical professionals.
- Review the program considerations on pages 4-5 of the 2014 Physician Quality Reporting System Implementation Guide.
- Decide if you want to participate to receive incentive payments or just to avoid the 2016 payment reduction. Use the 2014 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Implementation Guide for help.
- If you want to participate to receive incentive payments and avoid the 2016 payment reduction, then begin following the decision tree on page 24 and click here.
- If you want to participate just to avoid the 2016 payment reduction, then skip the following steps, begin following the decision tree on page 34, and click here.
- Decide if you want to participate as an individual or group. Click here for information on reporting as a group.
- Eligible professionals who choose to report 2014 PQRS individual measures should select at least nine clinically applicable measures across three National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains to submit in an attempt to qualify for a PQRS incentive payment.
- Determine which measures best fit your practice. Consider the reporting method when deciding. Azalea Health supports both Claims and Registry, but recommends the Registry method. Click here for information on the Registry method.
Additional 2014 PQRS INFORMATION
2014 EHR Meaningful Use EHR Incentive Program Reporting
- Click HERE to view 2014 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS): Electronic Health Record (EHR) Reporting Made Simple.
- Click HERE to view Reporting Once for 2014 Medicare Quality Reporting Programs.