With constantly changing healthcare regulations and trends, it can be overwhelming trying to keep up. Read through our resource center for industry trends and useful links to healthcare industry information that will help answer your questions, as well as provide insight on emerging trends in healthcare technology and best practices.
To stay up-to-date on the healthcare industry topics, sign up to receive our monthly industry newsletter, which provides a “top 10” view on industry news, as well as Azalea Health product news.
- 2015 Rural Health IT Strategy Survey – The survey provides insight on diverse topics, including the adoption and practical use of technology, operational needs, regulatory concerns and the overall impact of health IT in rural clinics and small hospitals.
- Accountable Care (ACOs) – The Affordable Care Act seeks to reduce healthcare costs by encouraging doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers to form networks which coordinate patient care and become eligible for bonuses when they deliver that care more efficiently.
- Chronic Care Management (CCM) – Under CMS’ new Medicare initiative for Chronic Care Management, which takes effect, January 1, 2015, practices can charge $42.60 per month for 20 minutes of non face-to-face chronic care activity. CCM white paper.
- Cloud Technology – The highest level of technology in healthcare IT. All software and information is stored on online – the cloud – with the Internet as the point of access for users.
- EHR Technology – Electronic Health Records (EHR) technology enables practices and their healthcare partners to achieve a consistent flow of patient data between acute care systems, physicians, and their teams.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) -Azalea has customized and adapted its software to accommodate billing for FQHC clients, which is unique to EHR industry vendors.
- HIPAA Compliance – All Azalea products are fully HIPAA compliant and we consistently update our products to ensure the highest level of security in order to not only protect our clients, but their patients as well.
- ICD-10 – Azalea Health remains focused on ensuring that the transition is successful for all of our clients. Learn more about ICD-10 including the differences between ICD-9 vs. ICD-10, and information about the ICD-10 Physician Survival Program.
- EHR Incentive Program – (Government Incentives) This Medicare and Medicaid program awards incentives for using certified electronic health records (EHRs) to improve patient care. Read the FAQ & Resources info sheet for more information.
- PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) – PCMH is designed to meet the majority of a patient’s physical and mental healthcare needs through a team-based approach to care. Qualified medical homes can result in higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients’ and providers’ outcomes and experience of care.
- PQRS Program – The Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) is a reporting program that provides an incentive payment to individual EPs that satisfactorily participate or satisfactorily report data on quality measures for covered Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) services.
- Rural Health- Hometown Health Partnership – Azalea Health is a proud and active member of HomeTown Health, a network of rural hospitals, providers, and business partners dedicated to pursuing ways to help preserve and improve rural healthcare.
- SOAP Technology – The Azalea Health solution features a patent pending SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan) notes technology which enables resource sharing within an organization and creates a flexible working environment to improve workflow. With it you can copy previous notes for a patient, can dictate and use previous template notes to populate a form.