Thank you to our valued customers, partners, sponsors & exhibitors who attended our Azalea Health Leaders Summit 2016.
See you next year at AHLS17!
Enjoy event photos here!
We are excited & honored to host our 3rd Annual Leaders Summit 2016 for our valued customers this coming August 18 – 20, 2016 at the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center.
Join your peers and the Azalea Health Team this summer to learn more about how to truly improve — and Rev Up — the revenue cycle performance you already experience. Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), Medical Billing and Accounts Receivable (A/R) are the most important functions in keeping your practice running smoothly and optimizing your revenue. Azalea goes beyond just processing data; we analyze, manage and optimize your revenue cycle to truly improve your financial performance. This coming August, we will hear from industry experts and the Azalea team on ‘best practices’ for management of your revenue cycle and how to successfully navigate changing regulations and federal programs.
Hear why you should attend AHLS16 from Azalea Health!
|Baha Zeidan, CEO||Caley, Customer Engagement||Julee, CR and Support|
Our 3-day Leaders Summit includes:
- FREE Product Training
- Educational Sessions
- Networking with your peers
- Industry-Expert Speakers
- Spend time with the Azalea Health Team
- And much more!!
As an Azalea Health Customer, who should attend?
With the constantly changing nature of the healthcare environment, each and everyone involved with your medical practice or hospital will benefit from the Azalea Health Leaders Summit. From current industry-topic breakout sessions to the one-on-one training sessions with our highly experienced Azalea Team, there will be a learning opportunity on every level for your practice or hospital’s Azalea users.
Conference attendees include:
- Mid-level providers
- Clinical support
- Front office staff
- Billing staff
- Anyone interested in learning more about healthcare, industry news, or Azalea Health
1st Attendee $449
2nd Attendee $399
3rd Attendee $299
4th Attendee $249
William “Bill” Boling
Owner/Principal, Boling & Company
Bill Boling has been an active member of the Georgia bar for more than 30 years. In 2012, Bill started his own practice to better target the areas of law and business he found most stimulating and urgently needing attention, and to do so in his own mold. Today his clients include major hospitals, academic medical centers, rural hospitals, physician groups, and health IT startups, among others.
Topic: “Rural Health Challenges and the Remedial Prospects of Technology”
Associate, Boling & Company
Mason Reid joined Boling & Company in May 2013 and became a full-time associate in August 2014. Mason specialized in healthcare law at the University of Georgia School of Law, taking a keen interest in provider regulation and health care finance. His work experience includes health law compliance, health facility regulation, administrative adjudication, contract drafting, litigation drafting, and substantial healthcare law research.
Topic: “Rural Health Challenges and the Remedial Prospects of Technology”
Steve Adams, MCS, CPC, COC
Senior Consultant, InHealth Professional Services
Steve Adams is a Certified Professional Coder for both office (CPC, PCS) and hospitals (CPC-H, FCS) with more than 25 years experience in military, multi-specialty, hospital, and the private sector practice of medicine. His experience includes the evaluation of managed care agreements, fee schedule development, and the implementation of policies to optimize compliance and medical insurance reimbursement. This session will include how to maximize revenue from ICD-10cm, PQRS, risk adjustment, Value Modifier, and more.
Topic: “Surviving the Value Modifier and Risk Adjustment”
Donna Grindle, CHPSE, CHPC
President, Kardon Compliance
Donna Grindle has been in the healthcare IT field for almost 30 years. As Founder and President of Kardon Compliance, Donna’s extensive experience is focused on helping all types of businesses protect the valuable information they create, receive, maintain, and transmit every day. In addition, Donna is also a co-host and content developer for a weekly podcast called ‘Help Me with HIPAA’ and regularly speaks about HIPAA compliance and other technology topics.
Helen Williams, CPC
Director of Practice Management, Azalea Health
Helen Williams has more than 25 years of experience in healthcare financial management, billing and coding in practices, clinics and hospitals. She has an extensive background working as a consultant in a variety of specialties, as well as in billing, verification, Medicare and Medicaid, cash management, and more. In her role with Azalea Health, she will provide insight and guidance in credentialing and in working with specialty practices and rural health clinics.
Co-founder and VP of Revenue Cycle Management, Azalea Health
Douglas Swords established the company’s back-office Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) service division, while providing financial planning and leadership to Azalea Health. Swords brings over ten years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in management and scaling of RCM operations for medical providers and facilities of all sizes. He graduated from Valdosta State University with a BBA majoring in Finance.
Attendees will have the opportunity to receive training on Azalea Health software and features by attending interactive breakout sessions:
- Revenue Cycle Performance – Maximizing Reimbursements: Learn reliable billing practices used by the Azalea RCM team to maximize your reimbursement and reduce denials. This discussion will include workflow demonstrations, report recommendations, and a Q&A session.
- Modified Stage 2/Stage 3 Intro: Overview of Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements, and how to utilize Azalea EHR for successful attestation and receiving financial incentives. This session will also cover the changes to expect for Stage 3.
- Clinical Template Training: Learn how to get the most benefit from your charting experience and streamline your clinical workflow using templates, custom fields, quick notes, and more. The Azalea Support Team will be providing tips on using and building these features in your account for more efficient charting.
- Patient Portal/Azalea Mobile: This session covers the complete process of patient portal access from staff setup to patient welcome emails along with the three most recent features: appointment request, patient demographic updates, and patient registration request. This session will include the Azalea Mobile app for patients and users.
Azalea Town Hall
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to have their industry-related questions and concerns addressed by industry experts covering a diverse range of specialties & topics. To submit a question to be addressed during the Town Hall meeting, please email CustomerEngagement@AzaleaHealth.com.
- Ryan Spikes, RN BSN, Consultant, GA-HITECH – MIPS/ Meaningful Use
- Provider Relations Team, Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Georgia Medicaid
- Sabine Fortune- Provider Relations Unit Lead and Field Representative
- Brenda Hulette- Consultant Representative
- Anita Hester- Provider Field Representative
- Darlene Bonner- CVO/Provider Enrollment Representative
- Bill Boling – Owner/Principal, Boling & Company
- Helen Williams, CPC, Director of Practice Management, Azalea Health – Best Practices and RHC Rules
- Doug Swords, VP of RCM, Azalea Health – Billing Guidelines
‘Ask Azalea’ Answers Desk
A highlight of this year’s Leaders Summit will be the Azalea Help Desk featuring your Azalea Health Customer Relations and Support Team. Support and assistance are available on a ‘walk-in’ basis or by scheduling one-on-one appointments at CustomerEngagement@AzaleaHealth.com. Azalea Health specialists will be available during the entire conference to answer any questions and provide free training solutions for your individual practice or hospital.
Venue & Accommodations
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
246 Perimeter Center Parkway NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30346
Azalea Health has negotiated a special discount rate of $84/night plus taxes & fees for Leaders Summit attendees. Please book your room online or call the hotel at 1 (800) 228-9290 or (770) 394-6500 by August 4, 2016 to take advantage of this special rate.
With a premier location in Perimeter Center, the Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center Hotel provides travelers with unparalleled service and Southern comforts. This modern hotel in Dunwoody, GA, features a vibrant Greatroom, where guests can gather in flexible work spaces. For those looking to explore, our Atlanta Perimeter hotel is adjacent to the new State Farm Atlanta Campus and minutes away from Cox Enterprises, fine dining, world class shopping at Perimeter Mall and 15 minutes from downtown via MARTA. Unwind in one of 341 spacious rooms, featuring wireless Internet access. This classic Perimeter hotel in Atlanta, GA, offers exciting amenities including a fitness center and a stylish ”day and night bar”, serving savory regional cuisine that transitions from morning to evening. Guests can take advantage of more than 18,000 sq. ft. of revitalized meeting space for innovative gatherings and social events. Experience a favorite among Dunwoody/Atlanta hotels at Marriott Perimeter Center.
Schedule at a Glance
Thursday, August 18, 2016
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm Exhibitor Set-Up
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm Welcome Reception, Attendee Registration & Check-In
Friday, August 19, 2016
- 8:00am – 9:00am Breakfast
- 8:30am – 9:00am Attendee Registration & Check-In
- 9:00am – 9:05am Opening
- 9:05am – 9:30am Welcome/Azalea Health Update
- 9:30am – 10:30am Speaker Presentation: Bill Boling
- 10:30am – 10:40am Azalea Health Update
- 10:40am – 10:55am Networking Break
- 10:55am – 11:00am Azalea Health Update
- 11:00am – 11:50am Speaker Presentation: Doug Swords & Helen Williams
- 11:50am – 12:00pm Sponsor Recognition
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm – 1:55pm Speaker Presentation: Donna Grindle
- 1:55pm – 2:00pm Azalea Health Update
- 2:00pm – 3:00 Speaker Presentation: Steve Adams
- 3:00pm – 3:10pm Sponsor Recognition
- 3:10pm – 3:25pm Networking Break
- 3:25pm – 4:45pm Azalea Health Town Hall
- 4:45pm – 5:00pm Closing
Saturday, August 20, 2016
- 8:00am – 9:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am – 9:20am Opening, Recognition, & Awards
- 9:30am – 10:20am Breakout Sessions*
- 10:30am – 11:20am Breakout Sessions*
- 11:30am – 12:20pm Breakout Sessions*
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm Closing (box lunch provided)
* Please select 3 out of the 4 breakout sessions you would like to attend.
Breakout Session Topics:
Revenue Cycle Performance – Maximizing Reimbursements, Meaningful Use – Modified Stage 2 and 3 Updates, Template Building 101, and Patient Portal and Azalea M Workshop.
- “Ask Azalea” Help Desk: The Azalea Customer Relations team will be available anytime throughout the conference to answer any questions you have and provide one-on-one, customized support. If you would like to make an appointment to meet with a CR team member during the conference, email CustomerEngagement@AzaleaHealth.com.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
For more information on sponsorship opportunities and exhibiting at the Azalea Health Leaders Summit 2016, please contact CustomerEngagement@AzaleaHealth.com.
Join the #AHLS16 Mailing List
Letter from the CEO
Click here to read a personalized letter from Azalea Health CEO, Baha Zeidan.